The Clínica de Oftalmología de Cali has the following Therapeutic services available:
Assessment of mobility and muscle balance of the eyes;
Recommended for all persons with convergence insufficiency, Strabismus, Amblyopia and double vision as well as visual pathologies that impede development by the existing muscle imbalance.
The therapy sessions are designed to help the patient through a series of specific exercises to improve their visual impairment.
Patient cooperation is essential and the results are highly satisfactory.
Therapy for Low Vision:
The World Health Organization (WHO) states that to diagnose a person with low vision the following symptoms must be present and detected:
- The vision loss is bilateral.
- The condition is associated with a pathology
- The vision range is between light perception to 20/60 and/or visual field affected
Due to the statistical fact that 0.73% of the Colombian population suffers from low vision and at a national level, Valle del Cauca is the state with the highest rate of limited-vision population, the Clínica de Oftalmología de Cali has a special program for low-vision patients in which a trained professional teaches patients how to best use it, so the person can adapt and cope with the environment.
The objective is to get a functional rehabilitation of residual vision on the patient, once all surgical medical treatments have been attempted. This is done using optical media or low vision aids.
Low Vision Therapy aims at:
- Performing a multisensory stimulation with visual emphasis on babies with neurological problems of visual origin
- Performing visual efficiency therapies for school integration of children with low vision
- Learning support
- Visual aids adaptation
- Orientation and initiation of limited visual rehabilitation